The Influencer Marketing Association was founded in 2019 as the official trade organization committed to protecting the authenticity and ethics of influencer marketing.
Influencer marketing is defined as real people telling real stories about the brands, products and experiences they love.
Our mission is to drive growth in influencer marketing, advocate on behalf of influencers, marketers, and consumers by ensuring ethical standards are met and serve as the go-to resource on best practices, measurement standards, and trends.
The Influencer Marketing Association was founded by a group of pioneering influencer marketing agencies and networks whose founders continue to lead the influencer marketing industry today.
The Influencer Marketing Association emphasizes the value of integrating the human element and leading-edge technology while operating under a set of ethical standards to achieve marketing objectives and deliver ROI.
- Protect the tenet that the human element of influencer marketing is critical because brands want to reach human consumers.
- Field critical research on influencer marketing best practices and trends.
- Educate the industry on influencer marketing trends and provide expert resources to all who engage in it.
- Establish guidelines for ethics, best practices and measurement standards.
- Promote influencer marketing as an integral component of successful marketing campaigns.
- Advise brands, agencies, networks and influencers on how to establish and maintain proactive, collaborative and creative environments.
- Develop industry standards for measurement, metrics and analytics to inform future influencer marketing programs.
- Ensure good citizenship and adherence to industry best practices and disclosure standards.
- Be a resource for brands and/or agencies wanting authentic, credible, objective influencer marketing strategies.
- Support influencer marketing practitioners to encourage market strength and growth.
- Encourage new ideas and industry growth through inclusion, respect and good listening.
- Challenge the industry to combine, consider, and encourage authenticity and human critical thinking alongside technological resources.
Join the Influencer Marketing Association Newsletter
Get the latest information on trends, tools and tips by signing up for the Influencer Marketing Association newsletter.